a busy mama's diary to inspire

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Goals.




I personally think we always need a goal. Something that can make us a better person. Something that keeps a fire burning in us. Something that keeps our passions alive. It can be a big thing, but sometimes the small, daily goals are such satisfying little victories. Today, I just want to share one thing that I pray will/can always, always be a passion of mine...taking care of the body I have been given. If I can inspire one person to do something good for their bodies, then I am happy. Maybe my kids will read this one day and see why it's so important for mommy to have my alone time, running. I had a goal going into this summer of getting 150 running miles before school started. I had some injuries this summer, but made my goal at the end of the first week of school. It felt great! For me, it's running, but there are so many other things we can do to love our bodies. I challenge you today to take time for YOU. To love your body and be kind to it. It's the only one we get  here on earth.

Soaking in the sheer beauty all around me is a gift enough, but I DO like to give myself little rewards. Whether it's a needed massage, a pedicure, chocolate, or my favorite:


NEW SHOES!!
or check out this awesome little journal I found at Target! Writing down our goals helps BIG time!



I also believe that anyone can start running. There are so many great starter plans out there too. like this one:
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I switched running apps from Strava to Nike+ because I ended up doing a lot of running while my kiddos biked. I like this app because it stops the clock for you when you have to stop to tie the shoe of your wee little one :) It also sends you great little encouragements!

 Doesn't life continue to show us that we are stronger than we thought we were? It's never to late to start. So get out there! Be encouraged and empowered today.

No comments:

Post a Comment