a busy mama's diary to inspire

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Easy peasy crockpot taco chicken

 
This is a super easy recipe that all of my kids love. With school just around the corner for all four of them (gulp) I'll be using my crockpot a lot. Shuffling kids to and from school and sports/activities, there's nothing better than coming home to the yummy aroma of dinner...DONE!  I'm on a mission to find and try as many new heathy recipes that I can this fall, so stay tuned! This one is at the top of my list already.
 
 

 
what you will need:
6 raw chicken breasts quartered (I almost always have mine frozen somewhat)
1 large can corn
1-2 cans of black beans
1 large jar of your favorite salsa
2-3 T taco seasoning
(I have a large family, and this still gave us leftovers. So, you might want to freeze some, or better yet, give half to a neighbor :)
 
throw it in your crock pot, give it a stir, and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
shred the chicken, let sit for 10-15 min.
serve with tortilla (or top your salad!) serve with fresh tomatoes, lettuce, cheddar cheese, sour cream etc
Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment