a busy mama's diary to inspire

Thursday, January 12, 2012

little crafty idea

I bought these containers at IKEA and wanted to do something different and fun with them besides fill them with things (which is also fun!) so I made them for my friend Jen for her birthday :) She is planning to hang them in her kids craft area! But, they have a magnet back so you could do without the ribbon and put them on a magnet board. All you need is a containter, cute photo, some fun patterned paper, ribbon, and for the inside, I used a decorative sticker roll. (Looks like ribbon, only it's a sticker so it's easy to apply and you're also able to reposition!) And on one of them, I used little decorative flowers on the inside. (Michaels has all these goodies!) I used a hot glue gun to adhere the ribbon to the back of the container, and scrapbooking glue for the photo. Have fun! :)

front view

"ribbon sticker" on the inside of the container

decorative paper on the outside

No comments:

Post a Comment