a busy mama's diary to inspire

Saturday, December 17, 2011

gumball pomander

I had OODLES of gumballs leftover from the kids' birthday party in September, so even though they still tasted good, I decided to decorate with them because I love the colors so so much!
What you need:
*hot glue gun and lots of glue sticks (I think I used 6 with these 3)
*styrofoam balls of various sizes! (cheap at Walmart!)
* stick pins
* ribbon (cut to desired length)
* GUMBALLS galore!

1. Cut ribbon to desired length, find middle by folding in half. push the stick pin through the middle.
2. Put dime sized dab of glue on the styrofoam ball, then push the pin and ribbon right through the hot glue (you have to work quickly with this project!)
3.start at the top (by the ribbon) glue gumballs onto ball in small sections. Cover the whole ball with gumballs.
4. hang where it'll look cute :)


Or you can make one out of gumdrops! (couldn't find small ones at the stores I checked...so that'll be next!)

No comments:

Post a Comment