a busy mama's diary to inspire

Thursday, July 4, 2013

date with your kids

Recently my husband and I decided we needed more one on one time with the kids. We crave that time, and know that they do too. I want my kids to be able to talk to us about anything, and this is something that I pray helps open the pathways to deeper, more intimate relationships. We are taking turns taking them out to breakfast on a weekly basis. It has already been such a treasure to me. I love this time. Even though this is the most exhausting, draining, thankless job at times, I know that it will go by quickly. They need me now. They want time with me now. They want to share their hearts with me now. I want to be present....now.

Here are some other great websites with date ideas & suggestions that I LOVE!...enjoy those kiddos! And if you don't have children, pour into the relationships you do have. You are loved and cherished. I'm sure of that! :)


 http://www.parenting.com/article/fun-things-to-do-summer

 http://fatherhood.about.com/od/activities/a/kids_date.htm

 http://lets-explore.net/blog/2011/12/a-year-of-dates/




 Addie. My little ham, pistol, and love bug. I cannot wait to see what you grow up to be. 



 Ty. My never-ending bundle of energy, compassionate, intuitive one. You will make a great husband one day surrounded by all these sisters! 


 Clara. Sensitive and sweet but feisty is there. I know you will do whatever you do with so much love.



Kyla. My smart, book-loving hard worker. So much compassion and your strong will...your life will be full. I just know it.

3 comments:

  1. Too precious Laura.. and so true!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Laura! I miss seeing all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! :) miss you too!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete