a busy mama's diary to inspire

Monday, March 25, 2013

carrot hearts!

 
 
I saw this done a little differently on Pinterest, but I found this way to be a little easier. It took a little longer, but when you see how cute they look, you won't care :)


I make my favorite chicken noodle soup in the crockpot, here 'tis:

4 chicken breasts cut up (I use from frozen)
2-3 stalks of celery, sliced
one yellow onion chopped
3 -4 carrots sliced
1 box of your favorite noodles (or I like to combine different kinds)
2 cartons Swanson's chicken broth (depending on how thick or how hearty you want it)
salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash to taste

Combine all but the noodles on low setting, add the noodles the last half hour or until done to your liking! Serve with salad and our fav---sliced bread, topped with fresh parmesan, broiled til golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment