a busy mama's diary to inspire

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Healthy, FUN school lunches!

I have been completely inspired by this site that a friend of mine shared with me!! Here's the link: http://thislunchrox.com/ I finally got my "Bento boxes" from Pottery Barn kids, so it makes it a little easier to put it all together! (they aren't sold in stores, and were back ordered when I ordered mine a month ago- just an fyi!) This is a great way to make healthy lunches for kids, but also to make them so fun! You HAVE to check out her site! (you may have seen Jamie on KARE 11!) I bought a bunch of cookie cutters (princess crown, shoes, trucks, stars, alphabets etc), some silicone cupcake liners, and some skewers for fruit kabobs. My oldest takes cold lunch every day, so when school started, I did have to tell her not to expect a "fun" lunch every day :)  She and I have had a lot of fun with this! Let the creative juices flow, your kids will LOVE it!

1 comment:

  1. this has to be the cutest thing ever!!! you inspire me girl...as always :)

    ReplyDelete