a busy mama's diary to inspire

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

running shoes? check. water? check. buddy?! CHECK!!

I can't blog about health and my love of running without writing about my running buddy, Melissa. Jonathan and I are extremely blessed to live next to some of our very best friends...which we think is quite rare! Shawn and Melissa have become much more than workout buddies; they are dear friends! We've vacationed together, go out to dinner together, and get our families together! I could go on and on about how awesome they are, but I want to touch on how crucial it has been to me to have someone to hold me accountable (and vice versa) to get up to run (at 4:30am!) If you are having a hard time getting on a routine, look at your life, and think about who that might be for you. It could be your next door neighbor like mine, or a co-worker that you could meet up with before or after work, a relative, someone from church or someone else in your neighborhood. I have found that I NEED to do it before my kids are up too. It's a great way to start the day before I put on the "mom hat"...it's MY time that I look forward to every day!! Being active is extremely important, whether it's running, walking or something else you love. We only have one body here on earth!! Grab a buddy, and see how great you feel!!

Melissa and Me in Mexico '09
(doesn't hurt to have a vacation as an extra little motivator!)

Jonathan, Shawn, Me and Melissa... zip-lining in Mexico!!

2 comments:

  1. i agree! i found the love of Zumba back in November and my life completely changed just by having something that is "mine" and something to look forward everyday. It helps motivate me in so many other ways as well!You are truly blessed to have such great neighbors Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KK- that is so awesome!! Sometime I would LOVE to try zumba! I reeeally think I would love it! Do you have to belong to a club? It's funny you brought that up, cause I have been thinking about it a lot lately! So glad you found something you love that is FUN!! :)

    ReplyDelete