a busy mama's diary to inspire

Monday, August 10, 2015

yummy tomato salad

This recipe caught my eye at the grocery store. (Family Circle magazine.) We are so blessed to get to share in the bounty of my dad's amazing garden, so when I saw this I knew I had to try it. It is one of my new favorite things to do with all these wonderful summer tomatoes!!

Recipe:
Whisk 3 T fresh lemon juice,
2 tsp, snipped chives,
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp honey
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
While whisking, add 1/4 cup olive oil in a thin stream until well blended.
slice 5 or 6 heirloom tomatoes and fan slices onto a board or large platter. Season with additional chives, sea salt and cracked pepper. Serve with dressing. Enjoy, and Happy summer!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment