a busy mama's diary to inspire

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

King for a Day

My son's class has a theme for each day as they countdown the last days of kindergarten. Today was pajama day. I forgot....or rather, didn't even remember to look at the calendar to see was in store for the day :( I was far more sad than He. So, honestly, maybe that's why I wanted to surprise him with a fun twist on his lunch for "King and Queen day" tomorrow. Kids remember SO much, and my son in particular just blows me away. Who has time to do this every day? not me. But, I do want my kids to remember the little things I did as a mom to make them feel special and cared about. It's healthy, fun and is even more fun now that he is reading so much! Knowing boys, I just  hope these go in his belly and not across the cafeteria table :)



 
 
 
 
The only problem with having fun with food at 10 o'clock at night is resisiting the ever-so- tasty canon balls. (darn you, Costco)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment