a busy mama's diary to inspire

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Lighthouse craft!

Yesterday we were talking about how we can be a light to the world....who can we show kindness and love to? Who is hard to love that really needs love? What does that look like? John 8:12 says When Jesus spoke again to the people, He said, " I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." So, then we thought it'd be fun to do a craft to remind us. Thank you, Pinterest. Once again I fall into your black hole and come out with a plan to bring some creative fun to my kids! They brought them to their rooms for night lights & they LOVE them!!



You'll need:
red Solo cups (round, not the squared ones)
clear smaller cups
battery powered tea lights
white strips of paper, or white tape (abut an inch wide)
black construction paper
glue


3 comments:

  1. Hey,its your daughter,Kyla. Hi mom,i love reading your posts. It is so fun. Especially when I am in school and I am bored. Reading your posts is really fun! Your blog rocks! I LOVE YOU MOM!!! XOXO ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute idea; great for ocean or island-themed VBS

    ReplyDelete